13 October 2009

Berlin

Hello Everyone!
There is a lot to catch up with (and only a short lunch break to do it).  Since my last post I have been on the move.  Two weekends ago was my trip to Berlin (and my first attempt since Prague at a successful weekend trip that wasn't just a day trip).  It was FREEZING (I'm so glad we went earlier this fall rather than later) but wonderful.  We caught the night train at 1:30am (ugh...I can't stay up that late anymore) and got into Berlin around 7:30 Sat morning (after a really good night sleep in the train).  We found our hostel (the Circus Hostel) in East Berlin and then joined a walking tour of the city that left at 10:30 that morning (only to return at 6:30 that night...it was quite a jaunt around the City).  We saw everything that I wanted to see in Berlin on our tour.  And, as my traveling experiences seem to work out, we picked the perfect weekend to go to Berlin.  They were having a giant celebration (throughout Germany but especially in Berlin) to celebrate the reunification of Germany.  So there were people everywhere and lots of festivities to keep us busy.  That night we went out for Russian food and then to a wine sampling party (for only 2 Euro...all the wine you cared to "sample") and then off to bed by 11p for me.  The next day we went to one of the early Sunday morning markets (picture a giant garage sale with German trinkets).  That is the weekend at a glance, I have to work now.  More on Berlin (and my weekend in Paris!) to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment