24 August 2009

Safe Arrival

Well, after being awake for, what is nearing, 37 hours (watching 4 movies on a plane while a nice German man napped on my arm) I am finally at Ansbach!
Housing situation--better than anticipated!  For now we are in a hotel until Friday (happy day!).  After that me and 6 other girls are being moved to a "guest house" off base in  a German town :) (I can't remember the name for anything right now...sounds a lot like Ellis Island..but that's not it).  This is really exciting news!  Everything in the town is within walking distance (as is the train...which I get to ride each day to work!).  If I had to stay on base I would be four miles from town and have to look for rides to go anywhere--so I will have a lot more freedom now. We've been calling it the sorority house for our program--there's 12 rooms (so the odds of not having a roomie are looking pretty decent right now).
Tomorrow I start orientation, and training on how the Child Development Center is ran here (no actually seeing kids until Friday).  I think this weekend we are going on a day trip to a really cute German town not too far from here...but more on that later.
So far, so good :)

Megan M. Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment