19 August 2009

Iowa Tour Completed...Next Stop Deutschland

Before Leaving across the pond I went on a quick tour or the great state of Iowa to see my Iowans (looks like I am trading one population of blonde/blue eyed farm folk for another). My tour was extensive, hitting all the main attractions: Des Moines, Waukee, and Knoxville for the 49th annual Knoxville nationals.
DSM gave me a chance to say goodbye to Brieeves and Muhm before they moved to Chicago to start their new lives as City dwellers (and grad student).
In Waukee I met up with Kristin and got to help set up a fifth grade classroom as well as visit with my favorite sorority sister :)
The 49th Annual Knoxville Nationals was an experience all its own.
I got to visit with my Iowa family, Buck and Ames all in one trip...not to mention I saw my first bikini contest (with a guest appearance by a scantily clad distant cousin of Buck's--haha), challenged Dylan's dad to jello wrestling (which he declined-whew!), rode my first mechanical bull (but sadly Jeff outlasted me), saw some sprint cars, ate free burnt chicken at midnight, saw ultimate fighters, go-kart raceing without a seat belt, tour of the city's water supply, climbed a former water tower, and had my hair teased for the Friday night concert.
Then made my way home for one last dog sitting opportunity and packing before I leave for Germany.
All in all, a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment