20 May 2009

New York Minute

I haven't had time to catch up on my blogging this week since I have been so busy hitting the town. I have successfully figured out the metro :) and how to cross the street like a New Yorker. Since I last blogged I have really pulled out all of the tourist stops, so I think the easiest way to write about these past couple days would be in a couple of shorter posts (I don't have that kind of attention span).

Late Saturday night Shereena and I hit up Coney Island for some much needed beach time. There is just something really soothing about being at the seashore at night. It was really a nice chance to hang out and relax (despite the coupling going on in a nearby dune). On our way back we stopped by a local bar and ended up crashing a 50th birthday party. Being the only non-black people there, we kinda stood out, but we were funny and they enjoyed watching me (shereena is good) trying to dance. Then we caught the metro back home (which took 45 min or so--I do love the idea of public transportation but it is such a bummer when you are exhausted and just want to go home and get to bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment