16 May 2009

Start spreading the news...

Well fellow trekkers, I made it to NYC yesterday evening (despite some hiccups at Dulles airport). Currently in Brooklyn with Heather and Shereena playing tourists!! I already am in love with this city :) I have met some of the most interesting people in the past two days (some made me nervous...we were serenaded today on the metro by a woman with a drum singing "you gotta eat" while banging the hell out of her drum--she apparently plays her drum to support her family--they cannot be doing well).

Last night we went to a really fun Cuban bar--best mojito ever!

Today we had an early start at playing tourists. Caught the metro up-town (look at me, what a new yorker...) and saw Central park, I had a hot dog for a $1 (sadly my two vegans could not partake in the pleasures of this NYC treat), went to see Heath's bookstore she works at...which is underneath the home of LIZA MINNELLI! I kno, I kno, I am so glad she told me afterwords or I would have queened out at her job, saw Central Station, NYC Public Library--which had a holocaust exibit, then off to Willamsburg for NYC's one and only vegan fastfood restaurant--foodswings--which was really good!

Some prime people watching so far:
2 joggers--one in khaki's and a polo in central park, the other in a cheetah skin-tight body suit in Wlliamsburg
Met 2 Goddesses who perform herstory--really fun!
Astrologist
Archaeologist
Super Rich and Super Poor people everywhere--and a lot of in-betweeners

After day one: I really think my odds of living here, at least for a wee bit are pretty strong :)

There was a lot of wondering in between destinations that are so far, unaccounted for, but may be if I somehow get a second wind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment