21 May 2009

The Underground

After the Philanthropist I met up with Heather outside of Macy's and we went and saw the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Center (as well as Christie's and Sak's).
After an exciting afternoon in mid-town Heather, Shereena, and their friend Greg and I went down to the Lower East Side for some Italian food and a chance to just hangout in a trendy section of town. Heather and I were wiped out so headed home around 10:30ish.
The somewhat controversial topic of Mole People in NYC is kind of a crazy thing to consider late at night when you are on the Metro completely exhausted from your day. Heather and I were having a lighthearted Mole People discussion when the lights on our train turned off for a moment before the train came to a halt in between stops. Heather shot a look at me that implied this was somehow my fault (possibly because I had just ask what would happen if the train were to break down in the middle, would the mole people attack us? or perhaps worship us as the gods from the land of the sun?--no sooner had I asked had the train "broke"). Luckily the train was only stopped for a couple minutes, just enough for people to get a little agitated and for a legless beggar to get a couple of quarters from some woman across the aisle. We were back up and running, though, we curtailed our mole people debate for the remainder of our ride.

2 comments: